Essay on swami vivekananda in english; Let us know about Essay on swami vivekananda in english. The real joy of spirituality will not be seen anywhere other than India. India is a country of its own. Many sages were born here and made their life successful. We follow everyone’s good teachings even today. Spirituality means discovering yourself. A man’s whole life is spent in searching for himself. We do not even know what we are doing in our life. And what is the purpose of our coming into this life. Spirituality is a completely different thing.
Essay on swami vivekananda in english
I read many books on many great men and politicians, but one book that impressed me a lot was the autobiography of Swami Vivekananda. When I was reading that book, it seemed as if I myself was living his life. Reading that book of his inspired me so much that I wrote a book too. My book Kashi Ka Rahi is dedicated to Swami Vivekananda. Today our topic is based on Swami Vivekananda. So today we will read essay on Swami Vivekananda in Hindi.
Autobiographies have their own special thing. I was introduced to one such autobiography which changed my life after reading it. I am talking about India’s greatest saint Swami Vivekananda. He was such a saint who had spread a lot of spiritual knowledge in India. Today the whole world is grateful to him. So let us go on the journey of Swami Vivekananda’s life.
Life introduction of Swami Vivekananda
Vishwanath Dutt is known as a famous lawyer. His wife’s name was Bhuvaneshwari Devi. Their life was going on as always until a beautiful child was born in their house. That child was born on 12 January 1863 in Calcutta. The boy was named Narendranath Dutt. Vishwanath Dutt’s son Narendranath. That boy used to be mischievous in his childhood just like you and me.
Later on, the whole world came to know that child by the name of Swami Vivekananda. Yes, Swami Vivekananda. Now as Swami Vivekananda grew up, the roots of spirituality became stronger in his heart. He was blessed with spirituality from his mother. His mother was a true devotee of the Lord. Since childhood, he used to listen to the stories of Gods and Goddesses with full heart.
Swami Vivekananda studied in English medium school and college. As a student, he was a very bright child. He had a good hold on many native and foreign languages. Then one day there was an earthquake in their house that everything was ruined. Actually in 1884 his father Vishwanath Dutt died suddenly. Since Swami Vivekananda was elder in his house, the responsibility of his mother and all his siblings now fell on him.
Meeting of Swami Vivekananda with Ramakrishna Paramhansa
After the death of his father, Vivekananda started living very badly. He wandered from here to there in the desire of getting a job. For many days he ran day and night in the desire to get a good job. Then when instead of success he got disappointment, he got scattered. Started thinking that how will the expenses of his house go on now. He started questioning the very existence of God.
The person who used to have such deep faith in God, now how did he become an atheist. Ramchandra Dutt, a relative of Swami Vivekananda, found Vivekananda’s attitude strange. He did not want to take Vivekananda on the wrong path. That’s why Ramchandra Dutt took Vivekananda to a right path. He took Vivekananda to Ramakrishna Paramhansa. As soon as Vivekananda reached Dakshineswar, his world changed. After meeting Ramakrishna Paramhans, the direction of Swami Vivekananda’s life changed.
What can we learn from the life of Swami Vivekananda?
1) Keep humility in life- Swami Vivekananda’s life teaches us that we should always give high place to humility in our life. With humility, we can overcome even the most difficult times and win.
2) Always keep curiosity in life- We get a famous story from the life of Vivekananda ji. According to that story, a question always arose in Vivekananda’s mind that does God really exist? If there are then why don’t we see them. The curiosity of this question took him to the feet of Ramakrishna Paramhans. And as soon as he went there, he got answers to all his questions. We need to maintain curiosity in our everyday life. This will give us a chance to know many new things.
3) It is very important to maintain kindness- It is very important for us to have kindness in our life. Without this quality we cannot achieve anything. Without kindness our life is not considered successful.
4) It is very important to have faith in God- We humans think that we humans can achieve everything in this world. But it is not so at all. Everything is happening in this world only because of God. Even if you do not go to the temple regularly, it is very important to have faith in God.
5) Never forget your culture – Today we all Indians are progressing because of our culture. If we forget our values, then it can become the reason for our downfall. It is our responsibility to preserve our culture.
Swami Vivekananda’s contribution towards the nation
Swami Vivekananda was a famous thinker and spiritual teacher of India. He was very aware about India. He loved his country very much. He wanted to see the youth of his country rise high. He wanted his country to progress in every way. His love for the nation gave him the strength to dedicate his life to the country every day. His patriotism inspired him to do something big for the society. Ramakrishna Mission is the product of this love and inspiration.
Establishment of Ramakrishna Mission
The Ramakrishna Mission was formed by Vivekananda as a dedication to his guru Ramakrishna Paramahansa. Ramakrishna Paramhans was a true Guru. Along with this ashram, Vivekananda built hospital and school etc. for orphans. He used to do something special for everyone. He had spread the knowledge of Hindu religion all over the world. Vivekananda wanted to promote Indian culture and he did just that. He spread the knowledge of Indian religion all over the country and abroad. He did not want to see any kind of discrimination in the society. He wanted to completely uproot the evils from the society.
Precious thoughts of Swami Vivekananda
1) Concentration of mind is all knowledge.
2) To consider yourself weak is the biggest sin.
3) Silence is the best medicine for anger.
4) Think, don’t worry; Give birth to new ideas.
5) The light of knowledge dispels all darkness.
6) Fear and unfulfilled lust are the root of all sorrows.
7) All nature is for the soul, not the soul for the nature.
8) Accepting the truth is the biggest effort in life.
9) Aspiration, ignorance and inequality – these are the trinity of bondage.
10) We reap what we sow. We are the makers of our own destiny.
11) Hindu culture rests on the immortal foundation stone of spirituality.
12) If the sense of taste is relaxed, then all the senses will run unbridled.
13) Thieves and robbers were more in the middle ages, now there are more fraudsters.
14) Experience is your best teacher. As long as there is life, keep learning.
15) Learn till you live, experience is the best teacher in the world.
16) Arise, awake and do not stop until the goal is achieved.
17) The secret of life is not only to enjoy but to learn through experience.
18) The only way to know the limits of the possible is to go beyond the impossible.
19) If money helps in doing good to others, then it has some value, otherwise it is just a pile of bad and the sooner it is got rid of the better.
20) Whatever makes you weak, physical, intellectual or mental. Abandon it like poison.
Works of Swami Vivekananda
1) Music Kalpataru
2) Karma Yoga
3) Raj Yoga
4) Present India
5) Gyan Yoga
6) Bhakti Yoga
7) Vedanta: Voice of Freedom
8) Lecture from Colombo to Almora
9) Lecture on Bhagavad Gita
10) Letters of Swami Vivekananda
swami vivekananda’s chicago speech
Swami Vivekananda was known all over the world for his brilliant speech. He used to express very influential thoughts. He gave many speeches throughout his life. But he also gave a speech for which he became famous all over the world. Actually Vivekananda had given a very lovely speech in Chicago. On September 11, 1893, Swami Vivekananda gave a speech at the World Religion Conference. Before starting this speech, he said ‘my dear brothers and sisters’. Through his speech, he talked about the positive side of India. He also told how India is such an ancient country and how this country has preserved its culture till date.
True story of Swami Vivekananda’s life
Once upon a time. Vivekananda had gone abroad for the purpose of some function. Many foreigners had come there. There was also a foreign woman in the same foreign group who was very impressed with Vivekananda.
She came to Vivekananda and said – Swami Vivekananda, I want to marry you. After marriage, I wish to have a proud son like you.
On this Swami Vivekananda said don’t you know that “I am a monk?” And that’s why I can’t marry you. If you want, you can definitely make me your son. If this happens, I will remain a monk. And you will also get a son like me. On hearing this, that foreign woman fell at the feet of Swami Vivekananda and said that you are blessed. You are truly like God! It has come to be known from your statement that under any circumstances one cannot deviate from the path of his religion.
poetry of swami vivekananda
The stars of the sky were hidden,
the clouds climbed on the clouds, the darkness
in the thundering storm,
Shatalaksh’s mad soul was
soon released from the prison –
by uprooting the drum along with its root,
cleaning every evil path.
The sea mixed with noise,
the peaks are rising to touch the
Krishna Nabh , fast to touch the sky, like a ray of evil opens thousands of death-shadows from all sides, rich black with body.
Spreading half-diseases, O
, come, mother, come mother, come!
The name is terror, your
death is in your breath, the world is erasing forever
by raising your feet , you are the destroyer of time, come, mother, come, mother, come, come! Courageous, who wants sorrow, meeting death, dances the speed of destruction, mother came to him.
So today we read the essay on the life of Swami Vivekananda. We hope that you must have liked this essay written by us.
Essay on swami vivekananda in english, 150 words
India has truly been the land of great men. Such a great man was born on this earth. His name was Narendranath Dutta. This child was born on 12 January 1863 in Calcutta. He was a simple child like us. He was very smart in studies. We are talking about Swami Vivekananda here. Swami Vivekananda’s father’s name was Shri Vishwanath and mother’s name was Bhuvaneshwari Devi.
Vivekananda is considered a great saint of India. His speeches were also tremendous. His guru’s name was Ramakrishna Paramhans. Ramakrishna Paramhansa is also known as a great saint. Swami Vivekananda is also considered a great thinker. He got the real knowledge of life from his Guru Ramakrishna Paramhans. He traveled all over the world to spread knowledge.
10 lines Essay on swami vivekananda in english
1) The real name of Swami Vivekananda was Narendranath Dutta.
2) Swami Vivekananda was a great thinker and saint.
3) Swami Vivekananda was interested in God and spirituality since childhood.
4) Swami Vivekananda’s father’s name was Vishwanath Dutt and mother’s name was Bhuvaneshwari Devi.
5) Swami Vivekananda’s father was a good lawyer in the British Government.
6) Vivekananda was very much aware about education.
7) Due to the education of Vivekananda ji, the attitude of people all over the world changed.
8) Vivekananda used to speak openly on tolerance and universalism.
9) His Guru Ramakrishna Paramhans was the one who gave the real knowledge of life to Swami Vivekananda.
10) After meeting Ramakrishna Paramhans, the course of his life had changed.
FAQs For Essay on swami vivekananda in english
Q1. How to write essay on Swami Vivekananda?
A1. A great man was born on the land of India. His name was Narendranath Dutta. This child was born on 12 January 1863 in Calcutta. He was a simple child like us. He was very smart in studies. We are talking about Swami Vivekananda here. Swami Vivekananda’s father’s name was Shri Vishwanath and mother’s name was Bhuvaneshwari Devi.
Q2. Which slogan was given by Swami Vivekananda?
A2. Swami Vivekananda had given many slogans like this. But one slogan became very famous – Arise and awake and don’t stop till you achieve your goal.
Q3. Who was the teacher of Swami Vivekananda?
A3. Swami Vivekananda’s teacher was Ramakrishna Paramhans. Ramakrishna Paramhansa was a great saint, spiritual teacher and thinker. He gave a new direction to the life of Swami Vivekananda.
Q4. What is the biggest mantra of Swami Vivekananda?
A4. Do one thing at a time and while doing it put your whole soul into it and forget everything else. This mantra was the biggest mantra of Swami Vivekananda.
Q5. What were the main works of Swami Vivekananda?
A5. The main tasks of Swami Vivekananda were – helping the poor in every way, secondly promoting the teachings of Vedanta and Swami Ramakrishna effectively and arranging education for the ultimate welfare of the people.
Q6. Did Vivekananda believe in God?
A6. Yes, Vivekananda believed in God with a true heart. He was of religious nature since childhood. He had complete faith in God.
Q7. When did Swami Vivekananda died?
A7. Swami Vivekananda died on July 4, 1902 due to a heart attack. At that time his age was only 39 years.